Recovering Compensation After a Workplace Injury
The aftermath of a workplace accident can have a dramatic impact on your peace of mind. You are dealing with the pain and trauma of your injury, and you are also facing the costs of medical care and the ongoing bills that you will still have to pay, even though you may need time away from work. That is why protecting your Workers’ Compensation claim is so important.
If you have suffered a work injury, we can help you to build the case and file your claim properly so that you receive the benefits and financial compensation you need at a difficult time. We have successfully assisted many injured workers by ensuring that their claims were filed on time, that their paperwork was accurate, and that they had the appropriate documentation need to prove both the cause and the extent of their injuries.
Common Workplace Injuries
- Amputation – An accidental amputation can happen if you are crushed by a heavy object, if you become entangled in machinery, or in many other ways. This type of injury can change your life forever.
- Back Injuries – Certain types of work are more likely to cause accidents that result in a back injury – such as heavy lifting – but a back injury can occur in any type of work and in any work setting.
- Chemical Burns – Occupational exposure to certain chemicals can cause severe burns and scarring.
- Cuts and Lacerations – Blood loss, severe scarring, and emergency situations can be the result of cuts and lacerations on the job.
- Electrical Injuries – Exposed wires, power lines, and more can cause electrical burns and electrocution.
- Eye Injuries – An injury that compromises your sight, thus changing your life and your work prospects forever, can happen when protective equipment is not available or improperly used.
- Hearing Loss – Experiencing a hearing loss can alter your world in many ways. Employers are required to provide proper protection against hearing loss.
- Manual Labor Injuries – These types of injuries include pulled or torn ligaments, neck and back strains and sprains, and more.
- Occupational Exposure – In your work, you may be exposed to toxic chemicals or substances, and more, that can lead to illness and even death.
- Occupational Diseases – Certain diseases can be caused by work conditions. Mesothelioma is a deadly form of lung cancer caused by occupational exposure to asbestos.
- Repetitive Stress – When you perform the same movement over and over it can lead to wear and tear on your body, leading to pain and the inability to continue in the same line of work.
- Shipping Industry Injuries – There are many types of injuries that can occur in the shipping industry – such as back injuries from heavy lifting.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – This very serious injury can have lasting or even permanent effects on your memory and overall functioning.
- Work-Related Heart Attacks – A work-related heart attack can occur from extreme stress at work and may be compensable in some situations.
- Workplace Mental Injuries – Extreme stress on the job – when a worker fears for their livelihood, is harassed, and so on can lead to workplace mental injury.
Media Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Law Office of Deborah M. Truscello Fight for Those Who Have Been Injured on the Job
Suffering a workplace accident can leave you feeling frightened, insecure, and unsure of what to do next. Your Media Workers’ Compensation lawyer at the Law Office of Deborah M. Truscello can help you to protect your claim and recover the benefits and compensation you need. We offer vast knowledge in this practice area, along with highly responsive personal service. Please call 610-892-4940 or contact us online for a free evaluation of your case. We serve clients throughout the Philadelphia area, including but not limited to those in Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County.
Attorney Deborah M. Truscello, has the compassion and sincerity to truly care about your situation and the knowledge and experience to help you. See Profile
Voted Reader's Choice Top Lawyer for Divorce & Family Law, Workers Compensation & Personal Injury 2017 for the Fourth Consecutive Year.